- Use mobile and desktop applications you download from our Services.
- Access or interact with our Website or Services in order to obtain MMRF online services.
- Interact with MMRF advertising on third-party websites.
- Register for an event, fill out online forms and/or sign-up to receive MMRF marketing materials.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details when accessing our Services.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration Information. When you create an account, fill out forms on our Services, register to use our Services, subscribe to our newsletter for notifications or updates, sign up for webinars or events, participate in our surveys, post material to our Services or update your preferences, we may ask you for your name, state or mailing address, email address, phone number, social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn accounts), and your connection to Myeloma.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you from records and copies of your correspondence. For example, if you contact us with a question or to report a problem with our Services, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, and any other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better user experience and improve our Services.
- Survey Responses. If you choose to participate in our surveys, we will collect your responses to survey questions for research purposes.
- Clinical Trial Finder. If you choose to use our clinical trial finder, we will collect the demographic, location, and health related information you may choose to provide such as zip code, age, gender, multiple myeloma patient status, in order to help you identify a potential clinical trial.
- Health Information. If you choose to disclose your personal health information with MMRF through our Services, such as by contacting a Patient Navigator and explaining your Multiple Myeloma medical concerns, we will collect any health information you choose to provide us.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase or give a donation, we will receive the details of transactions you carry out through our Services for the fulfillment of your orders or requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
- Careers. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn or other career services sites. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us from those services.
B. Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may automatically receive certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your visits to our Services, including the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, your comments, any content you post, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Services, and the dates and times of your visits.
Device Information. We receive information about the device, software and internet connection you use to access our Services, including your IP address, operating system and web browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
What are cookies?
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites
- First party cookies are set by the site you are visiting
- Third party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visitin
The specific types of first and third party cookies served and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with Services available through our Website and to use some of their features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Services, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our Services function.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our Services are being used, how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you in order to enhance your experience.
Advertising (Targeting) Cookies
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. [For more information, see the Targeted Online Advertising section below.]
Other Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party partners may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Services, or in the case of web beacons, opened an email that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Services to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have reached our Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of marketing campaigns. While you may not have the ability to specifically reject or disable these tracking technologies, in many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly; accordingly, in those instances, declining cookies will impair functioning of these technologies.
Targeted online advertising
We work with a variety of advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies (“Ad Partners”) that use technologies to collect data about your use of our Services (such as pages visited, ads viewed or clicked on) as well as your IP address, device identifier or mobile advertising identifier, in order to deliver relevant advertising.
These technologies may include the placement on our Services of cookies or web beacons, and other tracking technologies (as described in the Data We Automatically Collect section of our Privacy Notice) by these Ad Partners to track how our Services are being used, to track where users go and what they do after their leave our Services, and to link various devices you may use, and to serve you more relevant ads. These advertisements may appear on our Services or other services that you visit.
For more information about how Ad Partners use the information collected by the technologies on our Services and your options to opt out of such collection, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of additional third party advertising networks by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s website and following the directions.
The opt-outs described above are device- and browser-specific and may not work on all devices. If you choose to opt-out through any of these opt-out tools, this does not mean you will cease to see advertising. Rather, the ads you see will just not be based on your interests.
How Can You Control Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Browser Controls: Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. For more information about how to reject, disable or delete cookies, please review your browser’s help menu or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features, services, applications or tools available through the Services that are only available through the use of these technologies.
Disabling Most Targeted Online Advertising: As discussed above, advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted online advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of targeted online advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your mobile device and following the instructions.
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Services do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. We take privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard. To learn more about “DNT”, please visit All About Do Not Track.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
Information from third party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google, we may receive information about you, including your profile information and your photo, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
Background Checks. We work with third party partners to perform background checks on job applicants and receive publicly available information such as criminal history.
Research Studies: We receive information from investigative sites, contract research organizations (“CROs”) and other parties that participate in research studies. When you enroll in a research study that we sponsor or conduct, you will typically be provided with a consent form that contains notice provisions regarding the uses of your personal data. Please refer to the consent form that you sign when enrolling in one of our research studies to understand how information pertaining to you was collected in the study and processed.
Business Partners and Service Providers: We use business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and analytics providers, to perform services on our behalf. Some of these partners have access to information about you that we may not otherwise have (for example, when you sign up directly with that provider) and may share some or all this data with us. We use this data to administer the Services and conduct marketing and advertising campaigns as well as to process transactions that you request.
Supplemental Information: We may receive additional information about you from third-party sources, such as credit reference agencies and public databases, which we may append to existing consumer data, such as email address verification. We may use this supplemental information to process transactions that you request and to prevent fraud, deliver relevant offers and advertising to you and to improve our operations, Services and our advertising and marketing campaigns.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from or about you, including any personal information:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To personalize your experience on our Services such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests for information;
- To fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter;
- To communicate with you about our programs and Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services;
- For fundraising, marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials or events;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- To facilitate transactions, donations, and payments;
- To send you text messages and push notifications;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For any other purposes with your consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our Services or services.
- Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- Ad Partners. We work with our third-party Ad Partners in order to deliver relevant advertising (as described in the Targeted Online Advertising section above).
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services, such as Google Tag Manager, to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information from about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, transactions you make, any content you post, and the dates and times of your visits.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may also access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectional content on or through our Services.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information and have implemented various security measures designed to protect your personal information. We maintain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to help prevent the impermissible use of and unauthorized access to personal information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, as no storage or transmission of information via the internet can be entirely secure, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of your information. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note we may transfer your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
- The laws of certain countries and regions require specific information to be included in a privacy notice. Please click below to review country/region-specific information applicable to you.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].